Friday, October 14, 2011

The Beginning.....

To friends and supporters of Goldstone,
                To introduce myself, my name is Tiffany Poole and I am very happy to be the new English teacher here at Goldstone School of Hope Worldwide.  To let you know a little bit more about me, I have had a passion for the work of Hope Worldwide for a long time and have been fortunate enough to volunteer with them for the past 10 years. I have a background in education, and for the past few years I was working as a mentor and counselor for children in the inner cities of Los Angeles.
                In 2009 I graduated from California State University of Fullerton where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Child Development, emphasizing in education. While I was receiving my education, I always envisioned myself going abroad to teach. So, as you can imagine, I was very excited to hear the news that I was offered this position.
                Since my arrival two months ago I have had to make adjustments on many levels, and so far I have enjoyed every minute of it.  The staff at Goldstone are some of the warmest people I have ever met, and the children are full of hope and ambition. Regardless of any trails that the students have been through they still come to school ready to learn. Cambodia is a truly magical place filled with a painful and complicated past, yet it is developing into a place with a thriving future.
Thank you again for all of your support, and I look forward to continuing to share with you all of the great things that Goldstone is doing.


Tiffany Poole
ESL Instructor
Goldstone Academy of Hope Worldwide
Mobile # 089825104
Tiffanyd613@yahoo.com

               

No comments:

Post a Comment